Tuesday, September 2, 2014

WELCOME TO FIFTH GRADE!

Dear Fifth Grade Parents,
Wow, what a day!  Time went so quickly.
I wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed meeting your children. They all came with big smiles and lots of eagerness. Although most of our day was filled with procedures and schedule learning, I did hear a few students in the halls while packing to go home say, " I can tell this is going to be a great year!" 
 
Mr. Smith and I did get a quick moment to switch rooms today to welcome students in each of our rooms but most of the day, your children spent with their homeroom teacher.
Your child is coming home with a homework assignment tonight. This assignment is for them to choose three items to put in a paper bag. These items should teach us a few things about your child. What hobbies do they enjoy and things that are important to them. They have a yellow sheet that explains in more detail.

Also, if your child comes home worried or confused about their schedules, please calm them and let them know this is normal and we are here to help them. We will be walking to UA classes with them and helping read schedules all week. I guarantee they will have their schedules down by Friday. They are a little confusing on day one.
Thank you for sharing your wonderful children with me and sending them to school so prepared.

Mrs. Rollins

No comments:

Post a Comment